Eventi collegati

• GN'R Live Greensboro: 02 Novembre 2006

Autore Topic: 2/11/2006 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum  (Letto 6570 volte)

MauTheAlien

• Visitatore
Re: 2/11/2006 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
« Risposta #40 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 17:52:pm »
Prima (mezza specie di) review da htgth...
Ma tanto basta per sapere che si tratta di You're Crazy versione Appetite!  #12

Just got back. FUCKING AMAZING. I pray there were bootleggers!

I mean... You're Crazy? The first time the appetite version has been played since 93! (I think) FIVE new songs. It was AMAZING. I was at the first night of Hammerstein, and this was VERY close to topping it.

Probably 10% knew the  new songs (yes, I realize that's really high) and even more knew IRS (I assume from the radio play back in Jan/Feb), and all the people that didn't still seemed VERY into them... Although people were really confused when MLK started talking [***]

I'll write a proper review tomorrow if I have time, I got class in 5 hours.

Later

EDIT: Oh yeah, although it was nowhere near sold out, it was FAR from empty like some were predicting on MyGNR... OH - and Frank is the motherfuckin' man! He was so happy the whole time, always smiling, and he stood out to me far more than Bryan did in NYC. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Bryan contributed some amazing stuff to the CD, but live? Frank owns all.

EDIT 2: Friend just reminded me: Start time was 11:38, finish was 2:03

Seriously, time for bed now guys

Attenzione You re crazy in versione elettrica,il fan si sbaglia...non la eseguivano tipo dal 1991 elettrica.Le canzoni nuove non sono ancora molto conosciute in generale.Non era sold out ma manco vuoto.Strepitoso Frank che era felice e sorrideva sempre.Questo fan dice che Frank è meglio dal vivo e Brain in studio.Han suonato dalle 11.38 alle 2.o3.
COMMENTO MIO:FELICE DELLA SCALETTA,NON STO A GIUDICARE SE SARA'SOLO UNA SERA IN CUI AVEVANO VOGLIA DI VARIARE...PUO'ESSERE INVERSIONE DI TENDENZA....VEDREMO...

Offline Breakdown90

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 0
  • Gunner fino al midollo
    • Axl
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #41 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 17:57:pm »
Non la facevano praticamente gli originali dal 87 in poi... ;)

si mi pare fosse comunque un brano degli hollywood rose,  axl e Izzy...
si sto andando off topic scusate

The_rain

• Visitatore
« Risposta #42 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 18:33:pm »
ragazzi ma io voglio capire ma è la crazy di lies o quella di appetite?

no perchè a me quella di appetite fa cagare,mentre quella del live era per esempio....... #14 #31

Offline Skid Rocks!!!

• Gunner
    • Slash
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #43 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 19:00:pm »

no perchè a me quella di appetite fa cagare,mentre quella del live era per esempio....... #14 #31

hanno fatto la versione elettrica, quindi quella di appetite

Offline cri

• Gunner
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #44 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 19:23:pm »
mi sembrava strano ke nn ti lamentavi....ma voglio dire:"nn è la risposta a un bel niente????? You're crazy da appetite nn ti sembra niente?....ma allora xkè continui a seguirli se ti fanno così skifo?

encefalogramma piatto

Offline cri

• Gunner
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #45 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 19:33:pm »
Dell'affluenza si sa nulla?

questo è andato maluccio da quanto leggo, se non ricordo male faceva parte di quegli show spostati, ma in certi posti c'è cmq poco da fare.

edit: ecco una review:
http://blog.news-record.com/staff/musiccan/archives/2006/11/concert_review_16.html

dice più di 6000
« Ultima modifica: 03 Novembre 2006, 20:25:pm da cri »

Offline Perfect_ur

• Il Cazzaro
  • Gunner
  • la mia canzone è un pò brutale dj
« Risposta #46 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 19:50:pm »

non c'entra...quella di appetite oltre ad essere interamente elettrica è anche veloce il doppio, io credo abbiano fatto un qualcosa di elettrico alla velocità di quella del lies.
il punto è che se sia casuale o no poco cambia, stiamo parlando di you're crazy... @31

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #47 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 21:54:pm »

Credo sia una sorta di ibrido.
Versione Lies però elettrificata.

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #48 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 21:59:pm »

http://blog.news-record.com/staff/musiccan/archives/2006/11/concert_review_16.html

Cazzo! Questa è una ottima review:

No Slash. No Gilby. No Duff. No Izzy. No problem, really.

While only one original member of Guns N Roses remains, the voice of Axl Rose simply can't be replaced.

The latest incarnation of the band hit the Greensboro Coliseum on Thursday night and the more than 6,000 fans left satisified by what they saw - once the waiting was done.

After a brief set by former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, Papa Roach hit the stage at 9:30 p.m.

The four-piece former nu-metalers from California did their best to pump up the crowd for nearly an hour.

Mixing recent hits with songs of their first album, "Infest," singer Jacoby Shaddix was in fine form for the duration of the evening.

Fists pumping in the air, Shaddix made complete use of the spread out stage - even finding time to run out into the crowd to be among the fans during "Alive and Out of Control."

The crowd finally got on its feet and energy was rising when the band sang their first hit, "Last Resort," leaving Shaddix with a smile on his face.

By the time Papa Roach left the stage at 10:20 p.m., the crowd was ready for the man they came to see - Axl Rose.

So the crowd waited.... and waited...

A fight broke out on the floor. And the crowd waited...

Another fight broke out in the lower level. And the crowd waited...

At 11 p.m., concessions stopped serving beer because the crowd was getting to rowdy. But the people still waited...

11:30 p.m., and no movement on stage... the crowd starts to boo.

11:40 p.m. Lights out.

One note reverberating in the darkness, and then you hear it:

"Do you know where you are?!?"
The opening of "Welcome to the Jungle" sent the crowd into a frenzy, and the long wait was instantly forgotten.

Clad in jeans, a black shirt, red Doc Maartens and cropped corn-rows pulled into a ponytail, Axl Rose hit the stage like a man on fire.

Though his voice didn't seem to have the power in it during the opening track, that thought was quickly thrown out.

Rose was in great form for someone who spent years off the road and out of the public eye.

It didn't matter who else was on stage. With Axl singing, this was Guns N Roses. He hit his screams, his range was solid and his vocals even sounded like they got better as the night went on.

A seven-piece band behind him, Rose opened the show with a pair of the band's classics, "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone," before moving to two covers "Live and Let Die" and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door."

His signature strut and one-footed bounce still intact, Rose looked completely energized for the duration of the 25-song set.

While the new tunes such as "Better," "IRS" and "The Blues" don't feel as catchy as the old ones, they still had the crowd interested.

Sure, some people are still searching for Slash, but the new guitarists didn't miss a string, fret or note.

Each of the three guitarists took time for a "Here's why Axl picked me" solo that impressed the audience each time.

Robin Finck, former guitarist with Nine Inch Nails, tried his best to fill the shoes of Slash with impressive solos and menacing presence.

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal offered the crowd a more fusion-based solo, while Richard Fortus also had some time for a solo, as did pianist Dizzy Reed.

Trying to be a true showman, Rose ran back and forth on the stage, found time for some simple wardrobe changes of shirts and kept the energy level high.

The only surprise may have been the sight of five monitors on stage with song lyrics scrolling on them.

Ocassional fireworks kept the volume high as well.

"November Rain" welcomed a shower of sparks during the finale.

Toward the end of the two-and-a-half-hour set, Sebastian Bach came out for "My Michelle."

After "Nighttrain," the band left the stage, Axl said, "Thank you," and the exhausted crowd awaited an encore as the clock rolled toward 2 a.m.

As Guns N Roses hit the stage, "Chinese Democracy" - the title track for the long-awaited new GnR album - was the first they heard.

Again, it was another not-so-catchy-but-solid-rock tune.

The finale of the night was "Paradise City." The crowd sang along as Axl made sure to hit all sides of the stage.

As the song wound down, large cannons of confetti shot into the air and fireworks shot out from behind the stage. Rose then threw his red microphone into the crowd.

As the sound subsided, a truly humble Axl Rose stood in front of the stage and simply said, "Thank you so much for coming out tonight."

The band then did a curtain call for a bow together before walking off.

Fans have been waiting for 10 years for a new album from the band - ever since rumors of studio work began in 1997.

Thursday night's concert was a nice treat for fans who have waited a long time.

It was a greatest hits show with a look at the future. The future looks bright - if the album can finally hit shelves.

Offline Keith

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 2
« Risposta #49 il: 03 Novembre 2006, 23:25:pm »
Gioia, gaudio, tripudio...!!!! è tornata la scaletta classica utilizzata nel 90% delle date, e cosa vedo...addirittura un pezzo nuovo dal non ancora abbastanza utilizzato Appetite!!!!azz..che progressi!!d questo passo nel 2012 avremmo l'onore di sentire Estanged!!