Autore Topic: December 16th, 2010 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates @ Yas Arena  (Letto 11114 volte)

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale

Offline Nik

• Chronicles of a Broken Heart
  • GNRonline.it Staff
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: -32
  • Love is Pain, as Life is Shit
    • Axl
    • Contro la Reunion
Re: December 16th, 2010 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates @ Yas Arena
« Risposta #31 il: 17 Dicembre 2010, 18:16:pm »
tratto da un articolo di Calciomercato.com sull'Inter:

Citazione
All'ora di pranzo parla anche Moratti. Per raggiungere il presidente ci rechiamo all'hotel Shangri-La, sede del ritiro dell'Inter. Per accedere alla conferenza stampa bisogna salire al quinto piano e guarda un po' chi troviamo in ascensore? Niente meno che Axl Rose e Frank Ferrer, rispettivamente cantante e batterista dello storico gruppo rock dei Guns N'Roses, che si esibiscono in concerto ad Abu Dhabi proprio stasera, due giorni prima della finale di sabato, quando vedremo se l'Inter le suonerà al Mazembe. Invece non si è visto il chitarrista DJ Ashba, che nella tappa di Milano aveva suonato 'Sweet Child of Mine' indossando la maglia del Milan...

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: -70
  • Touched by His noodly appendage.
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #32 il: 17 Dicembre 2010, 20:22:pm »
Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose gives his first interview in 14 years

The American rock star has been notoriously media-shy since the implosion of the original band

Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose gave his first interview in 14 years—according to his manager—to Gulf News on Thursday night, just hours before he took to the stage at Yas Arena in Abu Dhabi in his band's first UAE concert.

The American rock star has been notoriously media-shy since the implosion of the original band—the hitmakers behind seminal rock songs such as Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City.

Rose reformed the band and released the long-awaited Chinese Democracy album in 2008, to mixed reviews.

He told Gulf News backstage at the venue, "I'm so excited to be playing in front of such a multi-cultural crowd".

His manager expressed surprise that the red-haired singer was willing to give an interview, telling Gulf News, "I don't know what you've done, but you did something right!"

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-singer-axl-rose-gives-his-first-interview-in-14-years-1.731671

Lui non lo sa come io non so quante dita ho su una mano.

Offline Rob

• Gunner
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Ultima modifica: 17 Dicembre 2010, 23:01:pm da Robby »

Offline Rob

• Gunner
    • Axl
    • Neutrale

ShAcKLeR

• Visitatore
« Risposta #35 il: 18 Dicembre 2010, 08:44:am »
Guns N’ Roses blast off

ABU DHABI - More than 21,000 rock fans from across the emirates were treated to a spectacular and unforgettable two and a half hours of hard rock
’n’ rollin’ with the legendary American group Guns N’ Roses on Thursday night at Yas Arena.

It saw  the final weekend of Yas Island Show Weekends 2010. The spectators, majority of who might have been very young when the rock band rose to fame in the mid 80s, patiently trekked the three-kilometre distance from the parking to the concert venue. Those who had partied intensely at the height of the heavy metal scene relived the good old days with their funky ensemble and leather jackets.

When, Axl Rose, co-founder and only consistent member of Guns N’ Roses, blasted his way on the stage in his familiar garb of faded blue jeans, black jacket, black hat and red bandana, promptly at 10pm, the crowd – both young and old – screamed in a euphoric chorus. Mobiles and digital cameras captured the historical moment. The band brought the house down with their early performance of Welcome to the Jungle, spurring the fans to sing along en masse.

Other popular songs that left the crowd wild and screaming during the high energy show, which lasted after midnight, included Sweet Child o’ Mine, Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, November Rain, and Live and Let Die, accompanied by excellent fireworks and flame displays on stage.

After two hours of non-stop entertainment by the mega-performers, Axl bid the audience adieu with a wave, much to their disappointment and called for an encore.

At once, their pleas were granted as the newly-attired frontman, came back on stage with renewed vigour.

The rock band’s finale, Paradise City, remarkably ended with a powerful display of red confetti, smoke and fireworks, in character of Guns N’ Roses shows.

The night revellers, some of who are in the country visiting their friends and family for the Christmas holidays, left the Yas Arena invigorated and thrilled.

“It was amazing, they’re truly great performers. It was fantastic that I had the chance to see them while I’m here this holiday,” said Elena, from Kuwait.

“I’ve been in some of Guns N’ Roses concerts abroad and they still rock even after all these years. Axl Rose is definitely a master performer,” enthused Albert from Germany.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?col=&section=theuae&xfile=data/theuae/2010/December/theuae_December481.xml

ShAcKLeR

• Visitatore
« Risposta #36 il: 18 Dicembre 2010, 18:33:pm »
A rose is still a rose

He's funny, he's polite and he's sweet. Legendary rocker and notoriously media-shy Axl Rose in an exclusive chat with tabloid! reveals why the band has stood the test of time

When Axl Rose and the boys burst onto the stage on Thursday night in Abu Dhabi, you could have already worked out that they were going to rock Abu Dhabi. What you couldn't have known, was just minutes before they set the stage alight, legendary rocker Rose was sipping tea while chatting to tabloid!.

"We better get out there before they tear the house down," said Rose tipping his head acknowledging the gathered crowd cranking up the volume.

"I'll be blaming you. You know that," he added as the entire group broke into laughter and headed off for the show.

According to his manager, Doc Mcghee, Rose has not given an interview for 14 years.

"I don't know what you've done, but you did something right," he said expressing his utter surprise that the red-haired singer was willing to talk.

Media-shy

The American rock star has been notoriously media-shy (read anti-media) since the implosion of the original band — the hitmakers behind seminal rock songs such as Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City. Rose even wrote the song Get in the Ring about his disgust for the media and all the lies he claims journalists and publications printed over the years.

But this week was different and as he politely asked for "any kind of tea" from a member of his crew, he settled into his chair and prepared to open up.

As with every good story there's always a bit of drama. You see this story almost wasn't told because while tabloid! knew Rose was in town, it was also made clear, initially, there would be no interview (as has been the case for the past 14 years).

You can therefore understand why a desperate chase across Yas Island (in flip flops) swiftly followed when "that'"call came in to say he said "yes".

"There is a lotta rockin people out there," said Rose looking almost nervous [replace the word rockin with any swear word to get the full effects of the interview]. "Oops, is it bad to say that?" he added before quickly changing the subject.

"I played in the Middle East once before," continued Rose needing no prompt. "It was for about 50,000. It was insane. We've been trying to come play again since so tonight is gonna be wow. A lot of rockets and bombs. We're excited we try to go all out," he said ahead of the sell-out gig, the last of the Flash Entertainment-organised Yas Arena Show Weekends.

‘Pride'

"For me one of the really cool things is I don't have to get on at everybody in the band. Hey do this, do that, you know. Because they're excited. Everybody takes a certain amount of pride in what they do. Plus they all get on at each other about it anyway. Everybody goes out there and tries to give everything they can. And we stay out there a couple hours more, you know, until we feel the crowd is happy. Or until we feel like we've done a good job. It's kinda like going to the gym or something, you know, you don't leave until you feel like you're supposed to."

There's a slight pause before all four members burst out laughing. "It's just hard to get in the gym," Rose eventually concedes. "Yeah they won't let me smoke on the treadmill," added guitarist DJ Ashba still laughing.

South America, Asia and just off the back of more than 40 gigs across Europe, Guns N' Roses is off to Russia next saying the diversity of an audience never fails to amaze them.

"I think it's a lot to do with the material from the past and a hell of a lot to do with the heart that was put into it then," said Rose his fingers covered with giant rings, each with a new plaster covering the finger underneath.

Heart

"But if we weren't putting the heart into it now, if I wasn't putting my heart into it, the fans, they're not gonna let me get away with it. We have to live up to something, have to work a bit harder because you're living up to the legend or a myth or whatever," he said, deep in thought. "It's more pressure when you're playing to live up to myth."

Guns N' Roses formed in 1985, a time when Rose insists things were very different when it came to restrictions regarding performances.

"In the club days, like '88 and '89, you could fall off stage and that was OK. Then it turned into I can't dive off but other bands can. I'd be doing everything I can not to fall off. I always see the tape on stage. The glow in the dark tape on the edge. I remember when they didn't have it at the LA Coliseum when we opened for The Stones. When the lights went down, I went down."

Multi-cultural crowd

Stopping to listen to the fans getting progressively louder, Rose said he was looking forward to playing to a multi-cultural crowd.

"The diverse crowd aspect is actually the most interesting part for me because I think that pretty much sums up why the Guns catalogue has stood the test of time," he said, still with an ear on the fans.

"It crosses genres, it crosses religious lines, you know. It's music that people can relate to. That there is such a diverse crowd out there it makes it a lot of fun."

Looking up from under the dark lenses of his aviators, Rose broke a smile. "We've crossed a few lines for certain," he said. "And we'll continue that."

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/a-rose-is-still-a-rose-1.732139

Offline W.Pupozzetto Rose

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -1
« Risposta #37 il: 18 Dicembre 2010, 21:00:pm »
rilasciare  l'unica intervista del tour a un giornale degli Emirati Arabi è una genialata in stile Axl...... #4

Offline Rossale

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 0
« Risposta #38 il: 18 Dicembre 2010, 21:41:pm »
A rose is still a rose

He's funny, he's polite and he's sweet. Legendary rocker and notoriously media-shy Axl Rose in an exclusive chat with tabloid! reveals why the band has stood the test of time

When Axl Rose and the boys burst onto the stage on Thursday night in Abu Dhabi, you could have already worked out that they were going to rock Abu Dhabi. What you couldn't have known, was just minutes before they set the stage alight, legendary rocker Rose was sipping tea while chatting to tabloid!.

"We better get out there before they tear the house down," said Rose tipping his head acknowledging the gathered crowd cranking up the volume.

"I'll be blaming you. You know that," he added as the entire group broke into laughter and headed off for the show.

According to his manager, Doc Mcghee, Rose has not given an interview for 14 years.

"I don't know what you've done, but you did something right," he said expressing his utter surprise that the red-haired singer was willing to talk.

Media-shy

The American rock star has been notoriously media-shy (read anti-media) since the implosion of the original band — the hitmakers behind seminal rock songs such as Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City. Rose even wrote the song Get in the Ring about his disgust for the media and all the lies he claims journalists and publications printed over the years.

But this week was different and as he politely asked for "any kind of tea" from a member of his crew, he settled into his chair and prepared to open up.

As with every good story there's always a bit of drama. You see this story almost wasn't told because while tabloid! knew Rose was in town, it was also made clear, initially, there would be no interview (as has been the case for the past 14 years).

You can therefore understand why a desperate chase across Yas Island (in flip flops) swiftly followed when "that'"call came in to say he said "yes".

"There is a lotta rockin people out there," said Rose looking almost nervous [replace the word rockin with any swear word to get the full effects of the interview]. "Oops, is it bad to say that?" he added before quickly changing the subject.

"I played in the Middle East once before," continued Rose needing no prompt. "It was for about 50,000. It was insane. We've been trying to come play again since so tonight is gonna be wow. A lot of rockets and bombs. We're excited we try to go all out," he said ahead of the sell-out gig, the last of the Flash Entertainment-organised Yas Arena Show Weekends.

‘Pride'

"For me one of the really cool things is I don't have to get on at everybody in the band. Hey do this, do that, you know. Because they're excited. Everybody takes a certain amount of pride in what they do. Plus they all get on at each other about it anyway. Everybody goes out there and tries to give everything they can. And we stay out there a couple hours more, you know, until we feel the crowd is happy. Or until we feel like we've done a good job. It's kinda like going to the gym or something, you know, you don't leave until you feel like you're supposed to."

There's a slight pause before all four members burst out laughing. "It's just hard to get in the gym," Rose eventually concedes. "Yeah they won't let me smoke on the treadmill," added guitarist DJ Ashba still laughing.

South America, Asia and just off the back of more than 40 gigs across Europe, Guns N' Roses is off to Russia next saying the diversity of an audience never fails to amaze them.

"I think it's a lot to do with the material from the past and a hell of a lot to do with the heart that was put into it then," said Rose his fingers covered with giant rings, each with a new plaster covering the finger underneath.

Heart

"But if we weren't putting the heart into it now, if I wasn't putting my heart into it, the fans, they're not gonna let me get away with it. We have to live up to something, have to work a bit harder because you're living up to the legend or a myth or whatever," he said, deep in thought. "It's more pressure when you're playing to live up to myth."

Guns N' Roses formed in 1985, a time when Rose insists things were very different when it came to restrictions regarding performances.

"In the club days, like '88 and '89, you could fall off stage and that was OK. Then it turned into I can't dive off but other bands can. I'd be doing everything I can not to fall off. I always see the tape on stage. The glow in the dark tape on the edge. I remember when they didn't have it at the LA Coliseum when we opened for The Stones. When the lights went down, I went down."

Multi-cultural crowd

Stopping to listen to the fans getting progressively louder, Rose said he was looking forward to playing to a multi-cultural crowd.

"The diverse crowd aspect is actually the most interesting part for me because I think that pretty much sums up why the Guns catalogue has stood the test of time," he said, still with an ear on the fans.

"It crosses genres, it crosses religious lines, you know. It's music that people can relate to. That there is such a diverse crowd out there it makes it a lot of fun."

Looking up from under the dark lenses of his aviators, Rose broke a smile. "We've crossed a few lines for certain," he said. "And we'll continue that."

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/a-rose-is-still-a-rose-1.732139

Un sunto?

Offline stepkanevra

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 2
  • Just for Reunion!
    • Axl
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #39 il: 19 Dicembre 2010, 11:12:am »
Un sunto?

E 'divertente, è educato ed è dolce. Il leggendario rocker e notoriamente timido Axl Rose in chat con un esclusivo tabloid! rivela come la band ha superato la prova del tempo.
Quando Axl Rose e i ragazzi irrompono sulla scena ,nella notte di Giovedi ad Abu Dhabi, si potrebbe avere già elaborato che stavano andando a rock Abu Dhabi. Quello che non poteva sapere, era che a pochi minuti avrebbe infiammato un palco, il leggendario rocker Rose stava sorseggiando il tè chiacchierando al tabloid!.
"Sarà meglio uscire da qui in fretta", ha detto Rose ribaltamento la testa riconoscendo la folla riunita ad alzare il volume incitando il suo nome.
"Sai che io ti biasimo", ha aggiunto, e l'intero gruppo scoppiò in una risata e si diresse per lo spettacolo.
Secondo il suo manager, Doc McGhee, Rose non ha dato un'intervista per 14 anni.
"Non so cosa hai fatto, ma hai fatto qualcosa di giusto", ha detto esprimendo la sua grande sorpresa che il cantante dai capelli rossi era disposto a parlare.
La rock star americana è stata notoriamente timida dopo l'implosione della band originale l'hitmakers dietro canzoni rock seminale come Sweet Child O'Mine e Paradise City. Rose ha scritto anche la canzone Get in the Ring sul suo disgusto per i media e tutte le bugie dei giornalisti e le pubblicazioni a stampa nel corso degli anni.
Ma questa settimana è stato diverso ed educatamente ha chiesto che voleva "qualsiasi tipo di tè" sedutosi nella sua poltrona si preparò a parlare.
Come ogni bella storia c'è sempre un po 'di dramma.
"C'è un popolo di rockin là fuori", ha detto Rose, cercando quasi nervoso [di sostituire la parola rockin con qualsiasi parolaccia per ottenere i pieni effetti del colloquio]. "Oh, è brutto dire che?" , ha aggiunto prima di modificare rapidamente il soggetto.
"Ho suonato in Medio Oriente ", ha proseguito Rose senza bisogno di alcuna richiesta. "E 'stato per circa 50.000 ..."è stato folle. Abbiamo cercato di venire a suonare di nuovo . Siamo entusiasti cerchiamo di andare tutti fuori", ha detto in anticipo del concerto di sell-out, l'ultimo Spettacolo organizzato Yas Arena .
"Per me una delle cose veramente cool è che non c'è bisogno di andare avanti a tutti nella band,del tipo, Hey fai questo, fai quello, lo sai. Perché sono eccitati. Ognuno vuole una certa dose di orgoglio in quello che fà. Tutti vanno là fuori e cercano di dare tutto quello che possono. E restiamo lì un paio d'ore di più, si sa, fino a quando sentiamo la folla che è felice. O fino a quando non sento che abbiamo fatto un buon lavoro. E 'un po 'come andare in palestra o qualcosa del genere, sai, non si lascia fino a quando ti senti come dovresti. "
C'è una piccola pausa prima che tutti e quattro i membri scoppiarono a ridere. "Solo che è difficile da ottenere in palestra," Rose ammette alla fine. "Sì, non mi lasciano neanche fumare sul tapis roulant", ha aggiunto il chitarrista DJ Ashba ancora ridendo.
"Bisogna metterci cuore e passione in quello che facciamo,perchè si sta vivendo un mito,una leggenda", ha detto, immerso nei suoi pensieri.
Si ferma un'attimo per ascoltare i tifosi che urlano più forte, Rose ha detto che è impaziente di suonare davanti ad una folla multiculturale.
"L'aspetto varia dalla folla quest'ultima è in realtà la parte più interessante per me, perché penso che il catalogo Guns ha resistito alla prova del tempo", ha detto.
"Si attraversano generi,si attraversano linee religiose, lo sai. Questa è la musica in cui le persone possono relazionarsi.Il fatto che li fuori ci siano una vasta e varietà di fan,mi rende molto felice,è molto divertente"
Guardando da sotto le lenti scure dei suoi aviatori, Rose ha rotto un sorriso. "Abbiamo attraversato poche righe per alcuni,"ha detto. "E continueremo a farlo".

« Ultima modifica: 19 Dicembre 2010, 11:21:am da stepy »