Autore Topic: November 17th, 2011 East Rutherford, NJ @ IZOD Center  (Letto 2197 volte)

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
November 17th, 2011 East Rutherford, NJ @ IZOD Center
« il: 18 Novembre 2011, 10:00:am »

SETLIST:
Dexter Intro Play Video
1.Chinese Democracy Play Video
2.Welcome To The Jungle Play Video
3.It's So Easy Play Video
4.Mr. Brownstone Play Video
5.Sorry Play Video
6.Riff Raff Play Video
(AC/DC cover)
7.Estranged Play Video
8.Better Play Video
9.Rocket Queen Play Video
10.Richard Fortus Guitar Solo Play Video
(James Bond Theme)
11.Live and Let Die Play Video
(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
12.This I Love Play Video
13.Shackler's Revenge Play Video
14.My Generation Play Video
(The Who cover) (Tommy Stinson on Lead Vocals, with Band Introductions)
15.Dizzy Reed Piano Solo Play Video
(Baba O' Riley)
16.Street Of Dreams Play Video
17.You Could Be Mine Play Video
18.DJ Ashba Guitar Solo Play Video
(Mi Amor)
19.Sweet Child O' Mine Play Video
20.Instrumental Jam Play Video
(Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)
21.Axl Rose Piano Solo Play Video
(Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/… moreSomeone Saved My Life Tonight)
22.November Rain Play Video
23.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo Play Video
(Pink Panther Theme)
24.Don't Cry Play Video
25.Whole Lotta Rosie Play Video
(AC/DC cover)
26.Knockin' On Heaven's Door Play Video
(Bob Dylan cover) (with Happy Birthday to Richard Fortus)
27.Nightrain Play Video
Encore:
28.Instrumental Jam Play Video
29.Madagascar Play Video
30.Instrumental Jam Play Video
31.Patience Play Video
32.Instrumental Jam Play Video
33.Paradise City Play Video
My Way Play Video
(Frank Sinatra song)
« Ultima modifica: 24 Novembre 2011, 11:27:am da Dun »

Offline stepkanevra

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 2
  • Just for Reunion!
    • Axl
    • Pro Reunion
Re: November 17th, 2011 East Rutherford, NJ @ IZOD Center
« Risposta #1 il: 18 Novembre 2011, 10:03:am »
bella locandina!

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: -70
  • Touched by His noodly appendage.
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #2 il: 18 Novembre 2011, 16:53:pm »
Asking Alexandria! Wow!

Offline Makaveli

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 8
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #3 il: 18 Novembre 2011, 17:09:pm »

Guns N' Roses' first tour supporting Chinese Democracy technically started in 2001. The album didn't actually come out until 2008, however, and Axl Rose and his latest lineup — which of course features no other original members — didn't make their way to American arenas until October 2011. The bloated, three-hour show isn't without its flaws, but it's also thoroughly entertaining. There's plenty of pyro. Axl still has a slouchy guitarist with a limp cigarette dangling from his lips (DJ Ashba). Rose energetically sprints across the stage and nails all the high notes. But a full third of the set is comprised of songs by artists other than Guns N' Roses. And Rose does do a lot of mysterious vanishing. Here's how last night's show at New Jersey's Izod Center breaks down:

Time opening band Asking Alexandria shouted, "Guns N' Roses up next!": 9:55 p.m.

Time Guns N' Roses took the stage: 11:00 p.m.

Time until first explosion of pyro: 2 minutes

Time Guns N' Roses took their final (of four!) bows: 1:52 a.m.

First time Axl Rose trotted into the curtained-off area at the rear of the stage: 11:05 p.m.

Number of such trips offstage: 29

Longest amount of time Axl was onstage without interruption: 11 minutes (from 12:41 a.m. to 12:52 a.m., during which time Rose riffed on Elton John on a grand piano, then played "November Rain")

Number of guitarists who split up Slash's epic "November Rain" solo: 3

Number of songs on set list: 31

Number of the Who songs on set list: 2 ("My Generation" sung by bassist Tommy Stinson, "Baba O'Riley" performed by pianist Dizzy Reed)

Number of Chinese Democracy songs on set list: Too many. Oh, but a real number? 7

Number of Appetite for Destruction songs on set list: 7

Number of GN'R Lies songs on set list: 1 ("Patience")

Number of guys spotted in the crowd dressed up like Slash: 1 brave soul

Number of guys spotted in crowd who looked exactly like Kid Rock: 1. Eerie.

Number of times Axl spoke to the crowd: 9, including the gem, "It's nice to be back here. I had my doubts too if I'd make it."

Number of bizarre backing videos featuring women in bikinis: 1, during "Rocket Queen," and it was weird.

Number of Axl Rose wardrobe changes: Many. All involving different permutations of hat/bandanna/sunglasses/leather jacket, with the exception of one brief appearance in a longer topcoat.

Estimated fullness of arena by the time the show ended: 45 percent

Number of times Rose threw his mic stand: 5

Time the venue stopped selling beer: Too early.

http://www.spin.com/articles/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-tour-numbers?utm_source=spinfacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spinfacebook

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #4 il: 18 Novembre 2011, 19:27:pm »
Bellissimo.  #19

Ma del resto i GnR e Spin si odiano da tempo. Se così non fosse, get in the ring non sarebbe stata scritta.

Offline stepkanevra

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 2
  • Just for Reunion!
    • Axl
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #5 il: 18 Novembre 2011, 21:29:pm »
Bellissimo.  #19

Ma del resto i GnR e Spin si odiano da tempo. Se così non fosse, get in the ring non sarebbe stata scritta.

E avevano ragione. Che rivista di merda!  #4

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #6 il: 18 Novembre 2011, 23:02:pm »
E avevano ragione. Che rivista di merda!  #4

Mai letta, tranne quest'articolo.

Offline Makaveli

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 8
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #7 il: 19 Novembre 2011, 00:22:am »
bilanciamo le cose, questa dovrebbe essere positiva, anche se ho letto solo il titolo #4

Sophomore year of high school my buddies and me somehow landed a stack of copies of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, which is sort of the Bible for Christian Scientists. We traded them in for store credit at Borders and bought CDs. This is relevant because that's when I got Live Era '87-'93, the Guns N' Roses double live album that has pretty much all the band's good songs on it, and it's weird to think that Mary Baker Eddy got me into GNR.

More important: it was 1999, six whole years past the official end of the prime era, when I fell for Axl Rose. Three years later, Axl – in the cornrows and the Raiders jersey and the extra weight – would yank his zombie version of Guns N' Roses onto the VMAs stage, to the horror of millions. I never really knew Axl when he was still rocking star-spangled banner biker shorts, though. That pudgy Axl's always felt much more familiar.

Which brings us to last night, at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and the latest stop in Guns N' Roses current tour. It's the first time Axl's brought his outfit of mercenary virtuoso-guitar-shredders-with-dumb-names to the U.S. in five years, and the storyline so far is that dude actually seems to have his shit together. The shows are still starting crazy late for an arena-rock act (around 11 p.m. seems the norm), but they do start, and then they go on for two-and-a-half hours.

Axl, with an array of fedoras and chains layered atop an ill-advised handlebar moustache, is now looking weirder than ever. (Last night, when he ran over to the riser on my side of the stage, he was only be about 10 feet away. Looking right into his grizzled face, it almost felt a little too intimate). His dance moves have also undergone a transformation. The snake-sway is gone, replaced by an array of toe-points and step-overs and feet shuffles of varying efficacy. To his great credit, at 49, he does sprint back and forth across the stage, to the point where at first you worry he's going to hurt himself. Most surprisingly: the voice, more or less, is still there.

And the structure of the set list seems geared specifically toward making sure Axl doesn't stress it out. After the first stretch, which mostly alternates between Appetite For Destruction and Chinese Democracy tracks, there are large chunks of the show when Axl can disappear altogether. Bassist Tommy Stinson ("the replacement from the Replacements!" - Axl) gets to sing lead on a cover of "My Generation." All three guitarists get extended solo sessions. Bumblefoot, for some reason, builds his around the Pink Panther theme. (This, to the great enjoyment of the guy in front of me making eye contact with everyone in our section and yelling "Bumble fucking Foot! That's Bumble fucking Foot!")

There are other accoutrements of distraction: plumes of fireworks and flames shoot out on a regular basis, along with terrifying, heart-palpitating sonic booms. And in the walkway between the seats and the general admission area, a steady selection of a more mature groupie pool streams by.

On stage, everyone runs around like maniacs, pulling out all the cock-rock guitar moves in the book, mugging like crazy. Between the pyro, the intense volume, and the at-times inexplicable big-screen material (ballerinas, rap video girls, etc.), it can feel rote and hollow, almost like you're in a giant room by yourself being screamed at. At certain stretches, though, once the they get going – like the run from "Sweet Child O' Mine" to "November Rain" (with a presumably contractually-obligated can of Monster energy drink propped on his piano) to "Don't Cry" and "Knocking On Heaven's Door" -- Rose and the band are really cooking. (Watch last night's performance of "Welcome to the Jungle" below.) It's not 1991; the arena's seventy percent full, and it never reaches that pitch fever GNR could probably muster ten seconds into "Welcome to the Jungle" back in the day.  But for pudgy, weird-looking Axl, it's not bad at all.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-roar-back-at-monster-n-j-show-20111118#ixzz1e6P0VLXo

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #8 il: 19 Novembre 2011, 00:26:am »
"it's not bad at all"

Più che positivo, direi che non è negativo.

Offline Davide Rose Jr

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -7
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #9 il: 19 Novembre 2011, 00:39:am »
Nightrain, niente male...
[youtube=425,350]q9jbomAK9e4[/youtube]