Autore Topic: December 1st, 2011 Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace Of Auburn Hills  (Letto 2162 volte)

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
SETLIST:

01. Intro
02. Chinese Democracy
03. Welcome to the Jungle
04. It's So Easy
05. Mr. Brownstone
06.Shackler's Revenge
07.Sorry
08. Estranged
09. Richard Fortus solo
10. Live And Let Die
11. This I Love
12. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)
13. Sonic Reducer
14. Rocket queen
15. DJ Ashba Solo
16. Sweet Child O'Mine
17.  Axl Rose (Another Brick In The Wall)
18. November Rain
19. Bumblefoot Solo
20. Don't Cry
21. Whole Lotta Rosie
22. Knocking On Heaven's Door
23. Don't Cry
24. Nightrain

Encore:
25. Madagascar
26. Better
27. Riff Raff
28. Patience
29. Paradise City

« Ultima modifica: 03 Dicembre 2011, 12:35:pm da Rob »

Offline J.E.D.I.

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 1
    • Slash
    • Contro la Reunion
Re: December 1st, 2011 Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace Of Auburn Hills
« Risposta #1 il: 02 Dicembre 2011, 19:08:pm »
Setlist:

01. Intro
02. Chinese Democracy
03. Welcome to the Jungle
04. It's So Easy
05. Mr. Brownstone
06.Shackler's Revenge
07.Sorry
08. Estranged
09. Richard Fortus solo
10. Live And Let Die
11. This I Love
12. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)
13. Sonic Reducer
14. Rocket queen
15. DJ Ashba Solo
16. Sweet Child O'Mine
17.  Axl Rose (Another Brick In The Wall)
18. November Rain
19. Bumblefoot Solo
20. Don't Cry
21. Whole Lotta Rosie
22. Knocking On Heaven's Door
23. Don't Cry
24. Nightrain

Encore:
25. Madagascar
26. Better
27. Riff Raff
28. Patience
29. Paradise City

Offline J.E.D.I.

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 1
    • Slash
    • Contro la Reunion

Offline Davide Rose Jr

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -7
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #3 il: 02 Dicembre 2011, 23:51:pm »
[youtube=425,350]hvdlAnO3Uhs[/youtube]
Better, buona...

[youtube=425,350]MsxeQGFV54Q[/youtube]
LALD
« Ultima modifica: 02 Dicembre 2011, 23:55:pm da Davide Rose Jr »

ogayd

• Visitatore
« Risposta #4 il: 03 Dicembre 2011, 10:12:am »
una stroncatura pazzesca.. in particolare per il dj.

http://detnews.com/article/20111202/ENT04/112020403/1424/ENT04/Guns-N-Roses-hard-rocks-into-mediocrity-with-Palace-show

Guns N Roses hard-rocks into mediocrity with Palace show
Adam Graham/ Detroit News Pop Music Writer

Axl Rose and his army of zombie guitarists hit The Palace of Auburn Hills Thursday, playing a nearly three-hour show that stretched well into Friday and showed Rose still has plenty of gas left in his tank.

But while the show hit all the marks of a big arena rock event, with pyro and big sound and huge hit singles, it was an inescapably generic experience, with Axl's band of hired Guns going through all the motions of a rock and roll band but never once seeming like a real group. Axl has surrounded himself with a crew of guitarists straight out of Central Casting — including Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and the group's latest addition, DJ Ashba — who look the part and perform their rock star moves so thoroughly it's like they're studying to play Band Members in a movie.

This wasn't as much of a problem the last time Guns N' Roses came around in 2006. GNR was already several lineups and many moons removed from the original band that stoked a hard-rock fire with 1987's "Appetite for Destruction," but it remained a potent outfit, perhaps because of the still-lingering promise of the band's long-gestating opus, "Chinese Democracy." But now, three years after the release of "Chinese Democracy," GNR is now at best a curiosity and at worst a freak show, with Axl at the center of the three-ring circus.

In particular, DJ Ashba — a wily ball of energy who replaced former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck in the revolving door of GNR guitarists — devalues what's left of GNR's stock. He looks like he stepped right out of "Guitar Hero," into Hot Topic and onto the stage with GNR, performing every rock move under the sun like he learned how to play by reading "The Dirt" and old copies of Circus magazine. With Ashba constantly bouncing around, jumping off amps and climbing the railing at the side of the stage, it's hard to take GNR seriously.

Which is too bad, because in a sense, the band still rocks pretty hard. Axl, 49, can't slither like he used to, he wears way too much jewelry (both around his neck and on his fingers) and he wears really bad T-shirts that even Rob Dyrdek wouldn't wear, but his voice still delivers and he's still got his arsenal of Axl moves. There's the shuffle-in-place, the run-and-stop and the twirl-with-the-mic-stand, and he still pulls them all off convincingly. And he appears to have fun on stage, goofing off with members of the crew and trading smiles with his bandmates, and he never seemed to be performing against his will.

The pileup of GNR hits still packs a punch, with classics such as "It's So Easy" and "Welcome to the Jungle" fitting in nicely with "Use Your Illusion" and "Chinese Democracy" material. "Estranged" retains its epic status, and Thursday's rendition of "Nighttrain" had a lacerating power. Meanwhile, the band's cover of AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie" took Axl back to his '80s heyday; he was alive during that song as he was at any point during the concert.

The show suffered from erratic pacing, however, and was never able to sustain a mood for more than two or three songs. Each guitarist was granted his own solo showcase, an insanely indulgent waste of time that served no purpose other than to stretch the show's running time. (Did anyone really need to hear Bumblefoot take on the "Pink Panther" theme?) Meanwhile, Axl Rose's tendency to rush off stage at any point when he's not singing sends a message to both the fans and the rest of his band members that he can't be bothered to care about anyone other than himself. For a band that already suffers a major image problem under Axl's rule, it only exacerbates the issue.

And with The Palace half-empty, there was a question of what were we doing there? Were we there to celebrate the release of "Chinese Democracy," which was forgotten several weeks after its release in 2008? Was this just another stroke of Axl Rose's ego? Or is Guns N' Roses ready to act like a fully functional rock and roll band again?

Unfortunately, there were no real answers. And even if there were, it seems fewer and fewer people care to listen.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111202/ENT04/112020403/Guns-N-Roses-hard-rocks-into-mediocrity-with-Palace-show#ixzz1fSeJxRqT

Garth_Farmer

• Visitatore
« Risposta #5 il: 03 Dicembre 2011, 12:30:pm »
Ashba non vale un cazzo... poi venite a parlarmi di "questioni tecniche"...è 'na merdaccia...

Finck aveva il pathos... Buckethead il pathos e la tecnica...

Questi qui... Thal e DJ Lamberto sono due zozzoni... mah.

Anche Fortus non capisco più a cosa cazzo servi nei GN'R (vabbè... diciamo pure che un po tutti non servono ad una mazza... infatti sono turnisti).

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: -70
  • Touched by His noodly appendage.
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #6 il: 03 Dicembre 2011, 12:50:pm »
Ashba non vale un cazzo... poi venite a parlarmi di "questioni tecniche"...è 'na merdaccia...

Condivido. Dj Lamberto è la morte del rock.

Offline Ryo San

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 0
  • Pochi sguardi nobili vedran l'aurora

Offline Serial_Killer

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -1
  • Che cazzo guardi?
« Risposta #8 il: 03 Dicembre 2011, 14:28:pm »
Condivido. Dj Lamberto è la morte del rock.
a me, me piace....o preferivate finck che storpiava tutte le vecchie canzoni e si vestiva, a rotazione, come uno zombie, uno dei rockets, un barbone e un bucaniere...

Ha fatto un bel lavoro sul disco, ma nei live era inguardabile e inascoltabile.

ogayd

• Visitatore
« Risposta #9 il: 03 Dicembre 2011, 14:31:pm »
a me, me piace....o preferivate finck che storpiava tutte le vecchie canzoni e si vestiva, a rotazione, come uno zombie, uno dei rockets, un barbone e un bucaniere...

Ha fatto un bel lavoro sul disco, ma nei live era inguardabile e inascoltabile.

a me finck stava bene esclusivamente con fortus e buckethead.
erano un trio perfetto. avevano perfettamente "senso".

ora non vi è il senso.

secondo me axl dovrebbe fare dei concerti con delle basi registrate. stare da solo sul palco e cantare sulle basi.