Autore Topic: December 8th, 2011 Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse  (Letto 4209 volte)

biork

• Visitatore
Re: December 8th, 2011 Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
« Risposta #50 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 03:27:am »
     scusate ma proprio non capisco quelli a cui piace questa incarnazione della band.
      perchè gli piace? per inerzia? non capisco. non capisco.

..non è la stessa di una volta...ma esprime qualcosa, axl continua a comunicarmi e anche gli altri......avessi vissuto i vecchi forse non parlerei così......tutto è soggettivo e relativo...mi piacciono tante band recenti e meno recenti...dagli iron maiden agli avenged sevenfold/alter bridge..dai linkin park agli  scorpions dream theather passando per foo fighters  within temptation  finendo con pink floyd doors led zeppelin metallica motley nirvana , red hot, back, extreme ecc.e molti li ho anche visti live... eppure questi sono quelli che ascolto di più ..che seguo di piu...CD non mi ha mai stancato..tranne scraped riad e shackler....e pensa che nell' mp3 metto pure le instrumental...e su youtube li guardo  rotazione....e così ,non ci posso fare niente..mi tirano su...
« Ultima modifica: 12 Dicembre 2011, 10:21:am da B.I.O.R.K. »

Offline Sleazer

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 11
  • Dio e il mio spazzolino sono Dada
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #51 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 12:24:pm »
scorpions
me lo sentivo, per quello non ti ho mai risposto.

Offline shardana

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 4
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #52 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 13:20:pm »

guarda che i primo scorpions non erano assolutamente male anzi...poi si ,vengono ricordati per wind of change e tutte le ballate spaccamaroni  @309

Offline Sleazer

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 11
  • Dio e il mio spazzolino sono Dada
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #53 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 13:23:pm »
@28

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #54 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 13:47:pm »
“It’s nice to be back home. Thank you for being so warm and welcoming.”

These were the words from a kinder, gentler Axl Rose Thursday night at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Check out video from the concert here.

Almost 20 years ago, Rose venomously spewed unkind sentiment towards the Hoosier State at a show in Market Square Arena.

Now 49, Rose was a teddy bear compared to those tumultuous days in the early 1990s. However, he and his seven-piece showed no mercy during an incredible three-hour performance.

“It was good to be back home. Thank you very much,” he said after a rousing rendition of “Paradise City” at the end of the night, er, morning. The show ended right before 2 a.m. It started at around 10:45 p.m. There was very little wait between openers Black Label Society and the headlining Guns N’ Roses.

It seemed Rose outlasted his audience. It’s been known for decades that Rose is the ultimate night owl. Once it got past midnight, the Lafayette native went into overdrive. He sounded better. He looked better. He had loads of energy running around the stage and doing his trademark shimmies and sidestep dance moves. His only “serpentine” movements were early in the set for a goosebump-inducing version of “Welcome to the Jungle.”

Some of the crowd began to file out as it got into the a.m. hours but most stayed.

Surprisingly, it was the slow tune, “Don’t Cry,” that got Rose really rocking and into the performance. This is the song that helped launch the career of Shannon Hoon, who sang back-ups on the “Use Your Illusion” versions and appeared on the video. Rose and the late Hoon are both Lafayette natives.

Rose and his three guitar attack of DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus and Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal started off like a freight train – even though “Nightrain” came later.

With video screens, lights and plenty of pyrotechnics, Guns N’ Roses led off with “Chinese Democracy” – the best song on the 2008 album of the same name – followed by the classic hat trick of “Welcome to the Jungle,” “It’s So Easy” and “Mr. Brownstone.” This fast start allowed quite a few lesser tunes from “Chinese Democracy” to get into the first half of the set list.

Rose’s voice was amazing, especially in the second half. It got stronger as the night went on. Those early songs require impressive pipes. Sure, Rose in 1991 could have nailed some of the classics better but 20 years later, the singer still belted them out. The newer songs seem a bit easier on the vocal chords and Rose’s performance helped them keep the near sold-out crowd’s attention during these lesser known tracks.

Rose zipped off-stage during jam out parts of songs and each member of the band got his share of the spotlight with solos and covers. I was one of maybe two people in the crowd who freaked out when bassist Tommy Stinson led the band with the Dead Boys classic “Sonic Reducer.” Stinson, who formed The Replacements, was a ball to watch.

But it was Rose’s night first, and second was guitarist DJ Ashba, who was born in Monticello and raised in rural Illinois. It seemed he had every family and friend still living in the Midwest there, and the youngest member of the band at 39 became a fan favorite. Rose acknowledged Ashba’s Hoosier roots along with his. He mentioned a third Hoosier in the camp. Izzy Stradlin, perhaps? No, it was some guy on the production crew. Sadly, there were no Stradlin sightings on-stage.

Rose mentioned Guns N’ Roses’ induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and thanked the fans for the honor. The induction was announced on Wednesday. The crowd erupted with approval.

Only three f-bombs came out Rose’s lips between songs. He didn’t need to spew attitude between tunes. The music spoke for him.

It was surreal to see Rose having a good time and clowning around with his bandmates. A bit heavier than the “Use Your Illusion” era, Rose wore a leather jacket, jeans, pointy cowboy boots, a wallet chain, red handkerchief out of the back pocket, several hats and sunglasses, and a curious T-shirt with a cartoon rabbit with a bright red heart. He went hatless for awhile with a gray scarf around his head, revealing shoulder-length strawberry blond hair.

Old school GNR fans were treated to rare renditions of “Estranged” and “Civil War.” Before this tour, these songs had not been played live since the early ’90s.

Would Thursday’s crowd prefer to see the classic lineup of GNR? Of course. Will it ever happen? If it doesn’t happen in 2012, I doubt it ever will. But from the looks of the soccer mom swaying with her arms in the air during “Patience,” the drunk Middle Eastern guy freaking out to “Rocket Queen,” the dudes with hair that has turned gray since the last time GNR came to Indy, the beautiful women decked out like they were going to be in a video shoot, the guy imitating early ’90s Rose with the kilt and catcher’s equipment get-up, the little girl sitting on her daddy’s shoulder making the rock sign and singing every word to “Sweet Child o’ Mine,” it didn’t matter on this night. Rose brought it for three solid hours.

It was an unforgettable show, thanks to Lafayette’s famous son. A son that finally showed warm feelings for Indiana.

credits: http://www.jconline.com/article/20111209/ENT/111209004/Review-Axl-Rose-warmer-his-rockin-return-Indy

Offline Nadia

• 2002-2012
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: 25
  • Anouk saluta i gobbi
    • Slash
    • Contro la Reunion
« Risposta #55 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 14:02:pm »
Would Thursday’s crowd prefer to see the classic lineup of GNR? Of course. Will it ever happen? If it doesn’t happen in 2012, I doubt it ever will.

Garth_Farmer

• Visitatore
« Risposta #56 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 15:11:pm »
..non è la stessa di una volta...ma esprime qualcosa, axl continua a comunicarmi e anche gli altri......avessi vissuto i vecchi forse non parlerei così......tutto è soggettivo e relativo...mi piacciono tante band recenti e meno recenti...dagli iron maiden agli avenged sevenfold/alter bridge..dai linkin park agli  scorpions dream theather passando per foo fighters  within temptation  finendo con pink floyd doors led zeppelin metallica motley nirvana , red hot, back, extreme ecc.e molti li ho anche visti live... eppure questi sono quelli che ascolto di più ..che seguo di piu...CD non mi ha mai stancato..tranne scraped riad e shackler....e pensa che nell' mp3 metto pure le instrumental...e su youtube li guardo  rotazione....e così ,non ci posso fare niente..mi tirano su...

Scraped e TWAT sono le uniche due di quel disco che non stancano.

Per tutto il resto che dici... sai già come la penso.

biork

• Visitatore
« Risposta #57 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 17:50:pm »

ti ringrazio...che grande motivazione....
« Ultima modifica: 12 Dicembre 2011, 18:28:pm da B.I.O.R.K. »

biork

• Visitatore
« Risposta #58 il: 12 Dicembre 2011, 18:03:pm »

guarda che i primo scorpions non erano assolutamente male anzi...poi si ,vengono ricordati per wind of change e tutte le ballate spaccamaroni  @309

ecco brav..... #4