Autore Topic: 21 Febbraio 2012 - Detroit, The Filmore  (Letto 654 volte)

Offline Checkmate

• Anymore
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: -91
  • Una volpe è più pericolosa di uno sciacallo
    • Axl
    • Contro la Reunion
21 Febbraio 2012 - Detroit, The Filmore
« il: 11 Febbraio 2012, 20:20:pm »

Setlist:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Welcome To The Jungle
3. It’s So Easy
4. Mr. Brownstone
5. Sorry
6. You’re Crazy
7. Estranged
8. Rocket Queen
9. Guitar solo: Richard Fortus (James Bond Theme)
10. Live And Let Die
11. Instrumental Jam
12. This I Love
13. Motivation (Tommy Stinson sings this one)
14. Dizzy Reed Piano solo (Baba O’ Riley)
15. Street Of Dreams
16. You Could Be Mine
17. Guitar solo: DJ Ashba
18. Sweet Child O’ Mine
19. Used To Love Her
20. Instrumental Jam (Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)
21. Axl Rose Piano Solo (Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
22. November Rain
23. Guitar Solo: Bumblefoot (Pink Panther Theme)
24. Don’t Cry
25. Civil War
26. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
27. Nightrain

ENCORE:
28. Instrumental jam
29. Madagascar
30. Better
31. Patience
32. Paradise City
« Ultima modifica: 23 Febbraio 2012, 15:51:pm da Rob »

Offline Checkmate

• Anymore
  • Gunner
    • Axl
    • Contro la Reunion
Re:21 Febbraio 2012 - Detroit, The Filmore
« Risposta #1 il: 22 Febbraio 2012, 09:49:am »

Setlist:

Intro [Dexter]
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Estranged
Rocket Queen
Richard Fortus (Guitar Solo) [James Bond Theme]
Live And Let Die
Jam
This I Love
Motivation
Band Introduction
Dizzy Reed (Piano Solo) [Baba O' Riley]
Street Of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba (Guitar Solo)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Jam [Another Brick In The Wall Pt. II]
Axl (Piano Solo) [Gran Torino/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road]
November Rain
Bumblefoot [Guitar Solo] (Pink Panther Theme)
Don't Cry
Civil War
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
encore:
Jam
Madagascar
Better
Jam
Patience
Jam
Paradise City

NOT CONFIRMATED SETLIST
« Ultima modifica: 22 Febbraio 2012, 09:52:am da Fn'R™ »

Offline Hangover

• Solskjær Ole
  • Gunner
  • Credibilità: -70
  • Touched by His noodly appendage.
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #2 il: 22 Febbraio 2012, 12:38:pm »
Mi piace la storia della setlist non confermata, della serie "ne appiccichiamo una a caso, tanto son tutte precise!"  :laugh2:

Offline Checkmate

• Anymore
  • Gunner
    • Axl
    • Contro la Reunion
« Risposta #3 il: 22 Febbraio 2012, 21:37:pm »
Guns N' Roses locked and loaded at Fillmore show

It was around 2 a.m. Wednesday when Guns N' Roses really started heating up.

The group was two and a half hours into a fiery performance at the Fillmore Detroit when it rolled headlong into "Nightrain," a classic cut from 1987's "Appetite for Destruction." A female fan crowd-surfed toward Axl Rose, and the enigmatic frontman extended his arm, smiled, and directed his next line toward her: "And I can tell you honey, you can make my money tonight."

It was a small moment in a king-size three-hour concert, but it was an example of the intimate connection between performer and fan that comes from a theater show. And it was those kinds of bits that seemed to stoke the band's fire, as it played with a vigor that was missing during Guns' December performance at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

At that half-empty Palace concert, GNR was powerful but aimless, going through the motions of being a gigantic rock band, a post it has long since abandoned. But Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning at the Fillmore, GNR felt much more like a working band, rather than an army of hired guns making rock poses in between loud blasts of pyro. It was almost as if the band had been humbled, and as a result was playing with a renewed purpose.

The band members riffed between songs, entertaining themselves with bits of the Isley Brothers' "It's Your Thing," Jackson 5's "ABC," MC5's "Kick Out the Jams" and Kiss' "Detroit Rock City." And they seemed to go a bit outside the playbook, offering up a bluesy, stripped-down version of "You're Crazy" early on and later easing into "Used to Love Her," which was absent from the December concert.

Then there were the epics: A mighty "Estranged" and a ferocious "Civil War" were full of arena muscle, and "This I Love," from "Chinese Democracy," felt as strong as anything from the band's golden era.

The show was still bloated in parts, full of extraneous solos from the band's guitarists that could have easily been excised. It was unclear why "November Rain" was cut short to allow for guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal to play the "Pink Panther" theme, but it was an awful decision. Likewise with bassist Tommy Stinson's mid-show offering of "Motivation," though it was likely just an excuse to let Axl run off stage and catch his breath for a bit.

Rose tweeted early in the day he was "sick as a dogg!!," and his voice — particularly the high-end — seemed especially shaky during the show. There were times when he went to sing and nothing at all came out, and still other times — such as "Nightrain" — when he was in solid form.

Vocals aside, it was fascinating to simply be that close to Rose, who has existed in a sort of self-imposed isolation for decades. He's long been as inaccessible as rock stars get, but this small venue tour feels like a new leaf. The singer turned 50 earlier this month, and if he's not the lean, serpentine figure he once was, he still makes quite an impression.

GNR wrapped the show with "Paradise City," as bursts of red confetti rained down on the crowd. It was 2:35 a.m. and GNR's nightrain had pulled in for the evening, but it's a ride passengers aren't likely to forget anytime soon.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120222/ENT04/202220390/1361/Guns-N%E2%80%99-Roses-locked-and-loaded-at-Fillmore-show