Autore Topic: [19.7.2006 - Newcastle, UK]  (Letto 9057 volte)

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
Re: [19.7.2006 - Newcastle, UK]
« Risposta #20 il: 20 Luglio 2006, 18:05:pm »

Offline Dark Phoenix

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 0
  • sagra!
« Risposta #21 il: 20 Luglio 2006, 18:57:pm »
allarmante questo fatto.
l'eventuale lanciatore di moneta e' un gran pezzo di m... #20

MauTheAlien

• Visitatore
« Risposta #22 il: 20 Luglio 2006, 20:02:pm »
Firstly, the reason why some people (not all!) were booing for the brief time they were was not really down to how mean and nasty the Brit crowds are...more to do with the arena and it's lack of information, I reckon.  We were told that doors were at 5.45 and Guns'd be on at 8.30.   Now, I, and pretty much anyone else here, know that that's not gonna happen.  However, we are the hardcore and most of the people there are casual fans whose GnR knowledge probably stops at where to buy the coolest tshirt on the high street.  These people won't have known to expect him to be late and the venue didn't go to any trouble to tell us they would be.  Sure, there was a last minute time change but by that time, most people were probably at the venue, waiting outside on the hottest day over here since 1911.  Plus, they didn't hit the stage till almost 2 hours after they were originally billed and we were packed like sardines in there.  Like someone else said, people were being passed over the front before the band even got on the stage.  I'm not blaming the band for this, more the venue, but that's probably where the booing came from.

However, during my wait, I got talking to the security on the right hand side of the stage as I was front row.  Got a few little bits of gossip from them, though god only knows if it's true.  Subjects of interest:

1.  Apparently, there was a physical fight between 2 guitarists after the Sheffield gig though the security guy did not know who was who
2.  Apparently, Axl was going to open with 14 Years and move straight into Better - the guy had seen it on the soundguy's set list.  That, as we all know, was bullshit, but I don't think the guy was lying, which is strange...
3.  Security guard snuck backstage for a look at Axl's dressing room before he arrived.  Covered in roses, with lots and lots of towels and...a bowl full of Vimto [***]lipops.  Excellent taste, Axl, haha.

As soon as the opening notes to WTTJ kicked in, every fucker forgot how long they'd been stood waiting and were just going crazy for the band.  The reception they got was amazing and the gig was going really fucking well.  Axl was in high spirits, not interacting much, but always smiling and seemed to be enjoying himself. 

The setlist was fairly predictable with the sad omission of the new stuff.  As someone else mentioned, Seb Bach demanded Axl play IRS but Axl just turned and said 'No, we're having too much fun here'.  The Blues sounded good but got a lukewarm reception, couldn't see anyone from where I was standing singing along at all. 

As for Bumblefoot's mood...well, you could certainly tell he was playing for the crowd, but he looked exhausted - whether it was the heat or whether it was his mood, who knows.  I still loved him though, I like the genuine warmth he seems to have when playing.  He didn't look as happy as when I saw him at Download, but that's just me second guessing, so can't really comment.

Finck was on good form, looking like a Dickensian tramp again.  In fact, everything seemed to be coming together and working better than I've seen it with the new line up.  Even my boyfriend, who is a GnR hater for the most, said that he thought they really were holding it together and playing their hearts out.

Couple of great comments from Axl - the downing of the Newcastle Brown scored him some brownie points and his rant at the security for eating all of Seb Bach's food was pretty fucking funny too.  It was really obvious he was enjoying himself. 

Then, the strop.  I didn't see anything hit the band *at all* and I was front row with a perfect view of the stage.  I did see a bottle hit Finck right near the beginning of the show, when he was doing his solo, but Finck didn't flinch and nothing happened.  I'm not denying that something was thrown but it certainly wasn't a case of the crowd being unruly and ungrateful...probably more like one little prick who had something to prove.  The rest of the crowd was overwhelmingly positive all night, despite the heat and the wait time.

I thought it was all over when they disappeared during Nighttrain, but looks as though Axl did the decent thing in giving us at least a bit of a finale.  I was gutted at no encore though...such a fucking shame for the fans who haven't had chance to see the whole show yet. 

I don't blame Axl for being pissed off and part of me doesn't blame him for going as I probably wouldn't stick around for long if I was getting things thrown at me.  At the same time though, I was pretty upset at the situation purely because of one fuckwit spoiling it for the rest of us.  I mean, yeah, Axl's been in music for ages and should really deal with these things a bit better, but at the same time, don't fucking throw things, fucker!  What's the point?  If I'd have seen the guy who spoiled it for us, I'd have knacked him.  Twat.  Axl seemed genuinely disappointed that it had all fallen apart - when he came back on he just said in a really downhearted fashion 'fuck, I thought we were having fun tonight'. 

We could see the access to the backstage from where we were and we could see people manically running around straight after they came off stage.  Seb Bach had been hanging around for ages and he just fucking ran backstage at one point.  God knows what was going on.

Bit pissed off at the end as well.  I think they were trying to hurry us out before anything kicked off riot wise but they ushered us out of a side entrance which meant those of us near where I was couldn't get our souvenir tickets back, so I don't even have that   
Heretodaygonetohell
I pochi fischi son dovuti al fatto che si son presentati in ritardo di 2 ore.Questo fan critica questa gente che secondo lui manco sa che diverse volte i Gnr si presentano in ritardo e pensano invece questi fans soltanto a indossare la t-shirt più bella.
Nell'attesa questo fan ha parlato con alcuni della security sulla destra che gli han detto che a Sheffield 2 loro chitarristi erano venuti alle mani,che Axl prima di Better avrebbe cantato 14 Years e che non l'han fatto poi e che il camerino di Axl era pieno di rose.
Han iniziato con Welcome to the jungle e anche i contestatori son impazziti.Axl in grande forma,non ha parlato molto con la gente ma si divertiva parecchio.Canzoni nuove purtroppo eseguite poco,anche Sebastian Bach gli ha chiesto di suonare"Irs"e Axl ha detto di no,che si stavano divertendo troppo.Bumblefoot suonava x la gente,era incazzato.Axl ha fatto un rant ironico sulla security criticando il fatto che avessero mangiato tutto il cibo a Sebastian Bach che ha molto interagito con la band dal backstage.Purtroppo qualcuno ha lanciato 1 moneta che ha colpito in faccia Axl e han finito prima del previsto lo show con Axl che ha detto"Vaffanculo,pensavamo di divertirci stasera"

« Ultima modifica: 20 Luglio 2006, 21:13:pm da MauTheAlien »

Offline William

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 3
  • Who dares wins
    • Slash
    • Pro Reunion
« Risposta #23 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 10:55:am »
minchia, axl è stato fin troppo calmo,... se questo episdio fosse successo una 10ina d'anni fa #2...

Offline francescaguns

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 1
  • Stai pisciando sull'albero sbagliato amico mio !!!
« Risposta #24 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 11:10:am »
avrebbe buttato giu' dal palco una cassa o una chitarra.

Offline Serial_Killer

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -1
  • Che cazzo guardi?
« Risposta #25 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 11:32:am »
e anche se stesso

Offline MrSlash

• Gunner
« Risposta #26 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 12:06:pm »
avrebbe buttato giu' dal palco una cassa o una chitarra.
e anche se stesso
#19 #19 #19

...cmq in pratica altro show di merda...non x colpa dei Guns ovviamente!

Offline francescaguns

• Gunner
  • Stai pisciando sull'albero sbagliato amico mio !!!
« Risposta #27 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 12:09:pm »
Ma x quei deficenti di inglesi  #2

Offline gods2006

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 0
  • standing in front of storm!!!!
« Risposta #28 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 12:11:pm »
nn capisco...propio nn lo capisco...axl fa tutte queste tappe negli UK...ma fino ad ora nn dico che siamo stati il pubblico più ordinato e + caldo ma siamo tra i primi...quindi
una seconda tappa in italy poteva farla...cosa cè che nn va nn gli piace la pizza? #29

Offline MrSlash

• Gunner
« Risposta #29 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 12:14:pm »
nn capisco...propio nn lo capisco...axl fa tutte queste tappe negli UK...ma fino ad ora nn dico che siamo stati il pubblico più ordinato e + caldo ma siamo tra i primi...quindi
una seconda tappa in italy poteva farla...cosa cè che nn va nn gli piace la pizza? #29
Credo dipenderà dall'affluenza di pubblico.