Autore Topic: Glasgow 21 Luglio 2006 Secc  (Letto 1588 volte)

MauTheAlien

• Visitatore
Glasgow 21 Luglio 2006 Secc
« il: 20 Luglio 2006, 19:52:pm »
In attesa del concerto di domani,una gran bella notizia.
Finalmente una band coi coglioni che aprirà per i Guns N'Roses:Towers of London.
Son la rivelazione punk dell'anno in Inghilterra,un disco assolutamente strepitoso anche recensito su http://www.cathouse.it.
Il loro cantante su NME ha detto:

Towers Of London have also been confirmed as the support band for two dates on Guns n' Roses' forthcoming UK tour.

According to a statement, singer Dirk Tourette said: "Guns N' Roses? What more can you say? Howl, howl, howl!"

The band will play the following dates:

Glasgow SECC (July 21)
Manchester Evening News Arena (23)

NME.com

Il cantante Dirk Tourette è eccitatissimo per l'opportunità data alla band...

Offline simo

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 8
  • Il Monaco Pazzo
Re: Glasgow 21 Luglio 2006 Secc
« Risposta #1 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 02:11:am »
Grandi Towers!
Gran bel disco e gran bel gruppo! Per molti i nuovi Sex Pistols..
Sicuramente sapranno scaldare al meglio il pubblico in attesa dei Guns...peccato non esserci...

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #2 il: 21 Luglio 2006, 07:52:am »
Finalmente un buon gruppo....

MauTheAlien

• Visitatore
« Risposta #3 il: 22 Luglio 2006, 06:46:am »
Review di EVOLUTION  del forum di HTGTH:

was at the start. Moved back because of the rough crowd. I had on a 2006 yellow GNR shirt with tourdates on the back and dark jeans?

Right, setlist as best as I can remember went like.

WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone, LALD, Better, Robin Solo, SCOM, KOHD, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, YCBM, Richard Solo into Beautiful, OTGM, Ron Solo(Don't Cry), Blues Jam, Nov Rain, Think About You, Used To Love Her, Patience and Nightrain all with Izzy.

Madagascar, Robin Solo and PC as an encore. Plus Ron had a solo in there before Izzy appeared.

Arrived at the SECC at around 6:30pm. Queue was quite large so Towers Of London started before I got inside. They ended with a punk cover of Freebird   As for BFMV, not my cup of tea.

The wait between BFMV and Guns was really hard. We are talking around 8:20 to 10:05 in boiling heat.

The orchestra music sounds so ominous in person, I love it. As Q mentioned crowd was mental in the pit so I moved back.

Random obvervations and highlights.

Ron had like a few mini braids in his hair which seemed to disappear.

Axl introduced Robin as "for our Scottish listening pleasure".

Axl attempted a Scots accent saying something like "Och aye goddamnit".

Izzy is like guitar god incarnate up there. One word I would use to describe seeing him there is respect. He just looks like someone you would never give cheek too. He was actually dancing a fair bit! Smiling like crazy, interacting with Robin and singing into Axl's mic.

Something cool to notice, during SCOM i think it was, Ron was doing a solo over by the left and Axl walked by and tapped him on the shoulder as he passed which made Ron smile and nod 

KOHD was a super long version and Nightrain blew the crowd away.

Ferrer is doing an excellent job up there, his intro to YCBM had a certain dancey tinge to it, and he was mucking around with Pittman a little, throwing fake punches.

Crowd didn't really recognize the leaks, I of course sang word for word! Tommy noticed I was the only guy singing in an area of the crowd and gave me a wink.

Crowd accepted GNR wholeheartedly, I heard many folk say how it was better than expected and how they thought Finck did a stand up job. We even clapped along to the jams! Glasgow fucking loved GNR.

Richard's solo went down very well where I was as did Ron's Don't Cry.

Axl told some guy to "go home, fuckhead. No-one is stopping you, you could catch a bus or something".

He also said "This band isn't McDonalds, and it isn't Burger King. This isn't have it your way".

Had my favourite gigging experience so far. Hearing the outro solo to PC, confetti flying everywhere whilst jumping up and down.

Right, well I've damn near written an essay! Enjoy the remainder of GNR's European tour all you folk attending

Non ha seguito i Towers of London che han finito con 1 cover punk di Free Bird dei Lynyrd Skynird e i Bullet for my valentine gli han fatto schifo.
Sul concerto dice che Ron nei capelli ora ha qualche piccola treccina.Axl ha presentato Robin dicendo"e ora per il nostro piacere scozzese",ha imitato poi accento scozzese.
Izzy ha addirittura danzato un pò,.tutti han rispetto x lui,interagiva con Robin e ha cantato nel microfono di Axl.
La band nuova molto ben accolta,Richard ha fatto un ottimo lavoro come l'assolo di Ron su Don't cry.
A un ragazzo,Axl ha detto"testa di cazzo,vattene a casa.Nessuno ti sta trattenendo,prenditi un bus o qualcosa di simile."
Ferrer ha suonato molto bene ,con un intro molto danzabile su You could be mine,interagiva parecchio con Pittmann.
Robin ha fatto un assolo sulla sin del palco su Sweet Child o'mine e Axl quando è passato gli ha dato 1 pacca d'approvazione e lui ha sorriso.
Axl ha detto che questa band non è ne il Mc Donald's ne il Burgher King e di non guardarla in tal senso.

MauTheAlien

• Visitatore
« Risposta #4 il: 22 Luglio 2006, 06:48:am »

Offline hrova_gnr

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: 7
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #5 il: 22 Luglio 2006, 11:08:am »
Finalmente hanno ricominciato a fare Better e Maddy...manca IRS e CD, ma ci può stare.
Sono contento anche per l'affiatamento nella band...e soprattutto per il famoso "fuckhead, go home..." MITICO!!!     #15

jungle85

• Visitatore
« Risposta #6 il: 22 Luglio 2006, 11:11:am »
Review di EVOLUTION  del forum di HTGTH:

was at the start. Moved back because of the rough crowd. I had on a 2006 yellow GNR shirt with tourdates on the back and dark jeans?

Right, setlist as best as I can remember went like.

WTTJ, ISE, Brownstone, LALD, Better, Robin Solo, SCOM, KOHD, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, YCBM, Richard Solo into Beautiful, OTGM, Ron Solo(Don't Cry), Blues Jam, Nov Rain, Think About You, Used To Love Her, Patience and Nightrain all with Izzy.

Madagascar, Robin Solo and PC as an encore. Plus Ron had a solo in there before Izzy appeared.

Arrived at the SECC at around 6:30pm. Queue was quite large so Towers Of London started before I got inside. They ended with a punk cover of Freebird   As for BFMV, not my cup of tea.

The wait between BFMV and Guns was really hard. We are talking around 8:20 to 10:05 in boiling heat.

The orchestra music sounds so ominous in person, I love it. As Q mentioned crowd was mental in the pit so I moved back.

Random obvervations and highlights.

Ron had like a few mini braids in his hair which seemed to disappear.

Axl introduced Robin as "for our Scottish listening pleasure".

Axl attempted a Scots accent saying something like "Och aye goddamnit".

Izzy is like guitar god incarnate up there. One word I would use to describe seeing him there is respect. He just looks like someone you would never give cheek too. He was actually dancing a fair bit! Smiling like crazy, interacting with Robin and singing into Axl's mic.

Something cool to notice, during SCOM i think it was, Ron was doing a solo over by the left and Axl walked by and tapped him on the shoulder as he passed which made Ron smile and nod 

KOHD was a super long version and Nightrain blew the crowd away.

Ferrer is doing an excellent job up there, his intro to YCBM had a certain dancey tinge to it, and he was mucking around with Pittman a little, throwing fake punches.

Crowd didn't really recognize the leaks, I of course sang word for word! Tommy noticed I was the only guy singing in an area of the crowd and gave me a wink.

Crowd accepted GNR wholeheartedly, I heard many folk say how it was better than expected and how they thought Finck did a stand up job. We even clapped along to the jams! Glasgow fucking loved GNR.

Richard's solo went down very well where I was as did Ron's Don't Cry.

Axl told some guy to "go home, fuckhead. No-one is stopping you, you could catch a bus or something".

He also said "This band isn't McDonalds, and it isn't Burger King. This isn't have it your way".

Had my favourite gigging experience so far. Hearing the outro solo to PC, confetti flying everywhere whilst jumping up and down.

Right, well I've damn near written an essay! Enjoy the remainder of GNR's European tour all you folk attending

Non ha seguito i Towers of London che han finito con 1 cover punk di Free Bird dei Lynyrd Skynird e i Bullet for my valentine gli han fatto schifo.
Sul concerto dice che Ron nei capelli ora ha qualche piccola treccina.Axl ha presentato Robin dicendo"e ora per il nostro piacere scozzese",ha imitato poi accento scozzese.
Izzy ha addirittura danzato un pò,.tutti han rispetto x lui,interagiva con Robin e ha cantato nel microfono di Axl.
La band nuova molto ben accolta,Richard ha fatto un ottimo lavoro come l'assolo di Ron su Don't cry.
A un ragazzo,Axl ha detto"testa di cazzo,vattene a casa.Nessuno ti sta trattenendo,prenditi un bus o qualcosa di simile."
Ferrer ha suonato molto bene ,con un intro molto danzabile su You could be mine,interagiva parecchio con Pittmann.
Robin ha fatto un assolo sulla sin del palco su Sweet Child o'mine e Axl quando è passato gli ha dato 1 pacca d'approvazione e lui ha sorriso.
Axl ha detto che questa band non è ne il Mc Donald's ne il Burgher King e di non guardarla in tal senso.

ma chinese non la fanno più?

Offline Rob

• Gunner
  • Credibilità: -8
  • "move, move... there's a fuckin' car" 5/6/2006
    • Axl
    • Neutrale
« Risposta #7 il: 23 Luglio 2006, 12:13:pm »
Robin

Axl
« Ultima modifica: 23 Luglio 2006, 12:15:pm da Axl76 »